Thanks to the prolonged Pentecost weekend there was stuff happening.
OK, I didn’t level that much because we finally had some sun ’round here, but still… Spellslinger is nearly 21 and Stalker is 15 and has a lot and a mount.
I am not 100% happy with questing as a duo. Yes, people can disagree – but the Soldier quests are quite ok, you just kill a little bit more stuff than usual, but the Settler quests really end up costing time. And again the challenges (especially pickup) that start when you just made a little plan to clear out that camp. We’ve taken to taking turns on those, so one is grabbing everything, the other is killing mobs in the way – but it’s just ok, not really amazing.
But! … the game is still fun, although that raid attunement stuff Syl posted about did not sound fun at all… Basically I hated the Karazhan attunement back in TBC already and this sounds like a lot more work… but at least I haven’t yet decided if I will raid at all. Que sera, sera.
As much as I overall love the experience (reached level 19 and 11), some quests (especially Path quests) can be awfully bugged. Even worse, unlike in other games, a relog did not help so far.
I had one Soldier mission that was only fixed after maintenance and now I am on the Explorer quest “SCAVENGER HUNT: Relics in the Rubble” which never lets the bar fill up to show where to dig, then after doing the 2nd part it does not even let me dig and the mobs that might drop the item in question… won’t. Reading forums again shows several people had that bug and spent hours killing with no result. As a programmer myself I know that bugs happen – but often you can work around them or avoid them, for quests it’s a bit hard, they’re kind of in the middle of a workflow.
Another thing that bugs me are the Mordesh quest givers in early Celestion. I mean, I know WoW is omnipresent, but letting them behave like the Forsaken and even give them the same voices… really disappointing.
On to nicer things, I am using these Addons right now, they all seem to run fine:
- Galaxy Library
I also starting playing around on my own, the WildStar NASA wiki is a good start, but it’s a tad slow (maybe only from Europe) and not very elaborate yet. I signed up and hope to contribute a bit.
Things that are awesome:
- /reloadui is quick and keeps chat history. This is priceless for Addon authors, especially if you’re just mucking about learning the API.
Resubscribed to second accounts for a month, so I had a little task for my 61 Blood Elf Paladin to do – the epic Charger quest line (no, cheating at the trainer is not allowed).
So I was at the part with the material costs, and there was no Pristine Black Diamond on the Horde AH, so this happened:
- Account A, toon aa, buys a Pristine Black Diamond on the Alliance AH in SW.
- Account A, toon aa trades to Account B, toon ab.
- Account B, toon ab flies to Booty and puts it on the Neutral AH.
- Account A, toon hc uses Engineering to get to Gadgetzan.
- Account A, toon hc buys the Diamond, sends it to Account A, toon hd.
- Account A, toon hd puts it into Guild Bank hX.
- Account C, toon he takes it out of Guild Bank hX, sends a mail to Account C, toon hf.
- Account C, toon hf can turn in the quest. Voila, trade complete.
Lost me somewhere in between? I nearly did…