It’s Christmas eve around noon and this year I’m early with preparing my review post instead of playing games. I think that says enough.
Again I didn’t really go out of my way to buy stuff in sales, but it happened. Again I don’t really buy new stuff. Again there’s MMO subscriptions. Again I’m pretty happy with my spending.
- Played a lot:
- WoW: Legion (6 toons at 110)
- EVE (hard to measure)
- Marvel Heroes
- Diablo 3 (S6: Crusader/Slayer, S7: Wizard/Chapter 4, S8: Barbarian/Chapter 4)
- Played a bit:
- WoW: WoD (1 month just before Legion launch)
- Mass Effect 3
- Guild Wars 2 (quite a bit at the start of the year)
- Broken Sword
- The Witcher
- FarCry3: Blood Dragon
- AC: Brotherhood (finally abandoned, Black Flag next)
- Basically only logged in once or twice:
Gaming expenses in 2016:
- WoW: 117 EUR – 45 EUR (Legion), 52 EUR (subscription), 20 EUR (character transfer)
- EVE: 144 EUR – 2x 6month subscription (until April ’17)
- Marvel Heroes: 80 EUR for the Advance Pack 3
- Games on Steam: 33 EUR – Broken Sword 1-5 (15 EUR), KotOR2 (3 EUR), Faeria (6 EUR), Dishonored (3 EUR), Pony Island (2 EUR), Out There Somewhere + Dungeon Hearts (1 EUR)
- Xbox 360: 0 EUR
This means: 374 EUR in 2016, so ~31 EUR per month, slightly up from last year’s 355 EUR, but with a 4 month subscription credit into 2017.
- Amount of MMO subscription months paid for
- with money: 12
- with ingame currency: 1
- Bought stuff in the shop: Marvel Heroes
- Logged in to but didn’t spend money: GW2, WildStar, SW:TOR
- Full price games: 1 (WoW: Legion)
I saw the trailer for Pony Island quite some time ago. It looked quite interesting, but not enough to instantly buy it. Thanks to the Winter Sale it was cheap enough that I got it. (Yes, I do feel a little bad for buying things only on sale, but looking at my games buying history of the last years.. I wouldn’t have bought it, really. So this is kind of the only way the creators get some money. :/)
I just “finished” it after 2.6 hours (12/20 achievements) and I could’ve probably shaved off 5 minutes by sucking less at jumping 😛 I’ll probably continue looking for the missing nooks and crannies, but the game told me I beat it, hence this post 🙂
TLDR: It’s awesome. And quirky. And weird. Go buy and play it.
I just finished the last 2 todo items on my Season 8 checklist. Solo GRift 20 and reforging a socket. I opted to play a Barbarian this time and I hated it most of the time at 70. The Season set favors Whirlwind heavily and being
ragefury-starved is one the worst thing for fun. Luckily I was good enough equipped that I managed the GRift 20 on my first try (according to their scale, GRift 19 is equal to Torment IV and I was struggling with Torment 3 in Nephalem Rifts, that’s why I never tried it back when I played for a few days).
Anyway, I’m done and probably not revisiting Barbarians for a while. Let’s see if I’m even up for Season 9 in 2 weeks.