Stuff I liked, mostly puzzle games
- PixelWorld #1 – awesome, but too hard
- PixelWorld #2 – awesome, but too hard
- Traffic Jam Free – nice
- Phit Droid – nice
- Bunny Shooter Best Free Game – fun for a while
- Fruit Ninja Free – fun for a while
- Great Little War Game – nice
- Zen Bound 2 – ok
- Nun Attack: Run & Gun – cool Jump’n’Run
- Pixel Dungeon – a superb Roguelike
- Pixel Towers – controls are a little fiddly on the phone
- Marvel Puzzle Quest – mhm
- Power Line – nice, like A Virus named TOM minus some features
- Scrambled Net – not unlike Power Line
- Tangled – nice
- Word Search – technically good, has horrible words in it
- Souls TCG – actually kind of nice
Stuff I had installed but never tried?
- Fieldrunners HD
- Minecraft PE
- The Oregon Trail: Settler
- My Little Pony
- The Game of Life
- Astral Commander LITE
- Ocean Tower
- Spirit Stones
Stuff I hated
- Angry Birds Rio – I really don’t get it, got bored after 10 minutes.
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms – this was somehow horrible
And yes, “My apps” on the play store is quite handy for such a list.
In summary, I am not too impressed with all the Android games I tried. I loved hardly any of those, I liked a few, but mostly they entertained me for not very long.
I’ve never been a big “mobile” gamer, my only real console was a Game Boy Advance that I used from 2002 to 2005 maybe, thus I will speak in terms of what I know:
Everything twitchy is out, as I hate the controls on the phone (Tetris, Dr. Mario, Xenon 2).
Same for Jump’n’Runs and Racing basically. (Super Mario Land, Mario Kart)
I am not in the mood for RPGs right now, so anything like Zelda, Golden Sun or Pokémon is out.
And I’ve never been a huge fan of Mega Man, Castlevania or Metroid.
Picross could work well I think. And Great Little War Game reminds me of Advance Wars of Final Fantasy Tactics.