When I read this post on Hunter pets, I started my reply with a huge summary about wow races, in my usual way of telling people what I think, no matter if they want to listen.
Then I did a quick cut and paste and present this post instead. So Jaedia’s dislike of female Orcs is to blame. Purely.
Anyway, I noticed that ny taste of wow races has changed so much over the years:
- Awesome: Human female, Orc male, Dwarf male
- OK: Tauren male, Gnome female, NE female
- Ugly: The rest, especially Undead
- No,no,no,no: Dwarf female, NE male
- Awesome: Orcs, Troll male, Human+NE female, Gnomes
- OK: The rest
- No,no,no,no: BE male, NE male
Which leaves me with these choices, for now:
- Orc Rogue, male: hell yeah, screw the 90% lookalike Undead Rogues with their weird animations
- Tauren Druid, male: Not much to choose from
- Troll Warrior, male: I love the animations, plus it’s a rare combo – win.
- Orc Shaman, female: Apart from all the horrible hairstyles, very nice.
- Undead Mage, male: While I dislike Undead in general, male Priests and Mages are ok. With a dress *snicker*
- Human Rogue, female: I chose Human for the shortened rep grinds and nice racials, plus the looks are ok. Now I’m a bit jealous of Gnomes, they’re nice. And extra sneaky.
- Blood Elf Paladin, female: See above, can’t wait to be a cow lady. Sick of Blood Elves.
- Orc Hunter, male: Nothing to say here, Orcs make really cool Hunters – male or female. Next best bet is Troll male and NE female. Oh, and Dwarves.
- Blood Elf Warlock, female: A toon I rolled at the very start of TBC to “have a look at the new race and starting zone”. I find Warlock the best fit for a Blood Elf, and although I’m sick of the general abundance of them, I’m happy with my Warlock.
- Blood Elf Priest, male: Not happy with the model, I dread the decision a bit. Not really sure which race I’d pick if I changed it.
- Undead Death Knight, male: Most DKs are Blood Elves or Orcs it seems, and I already had a Troll plate wearer, so Undead it was. Quite happy with the choice.
Edit: What the hell, WordPress. Would you please stop eating my formatting? Wall of Massive Text without paragraphs sucks…
Today is Whiny Post Day and here’s my confession: I’m attached to the past.
I got reminded by this easily when I read The Login Screen by the Gnome Tank for Life, I’m always partly living in the past, having fond memories of.. stuff. Yes, basically everything.
While I’m mostly quick at adapting gameplay changes, I’m an avid collector of old T1 and T2 gear – it looks just so much more awesome, and especially distinct.
I’m not a RP person in WoW, but I’m desperately waiting for some “style” feature so I can look like I’m wearing T1 (Nightslayer) while having the stats of my T9/T10 shinies. Disable it in Battlegrounds and Arenas, I don’t care.
I want a config option to select my login screen of choice, I’d be using the vanilla one still.
I know there’s lots of ingame stuff that changed and much of it is really for the better, but these small cosmetic changes that wouldn’t affect any other player (unless you’d have an aversion to soup bowl or banana shoulders…) – I WANT.
Thanks, that is all.
Tried to do some random instances on my lowbie Hunter on Argent Dawn-EU.
First try, Deadmines.
Everything up and down, but not too bad.
Warlock dies and doesn’t respond for some minutes, gets kicked.
Replacement Rogue comes in.
No one pays attention to patrols, it still works.
Just as we want to go down to the Smelting area, Tank needs a Relog.
Paladin Healer and Rogue proceed to run into mobs and die.
Rogue can’t find entrance, waits for res.
Paladin Healer can’t see his corpse.
15 mins pass (where I surf the web) and no Tank in sight.
This is where I leave.
Second try, Deadmines.
(Other) Hunter is semi-afk while having lunch, has growl on, spams chat then goes offline.
Rogue needs on Cloth SpellPower-Gloves, wins and equips them. (He has two Heirloom weapons, shouldn’t be THAT much of a noob.)
Shaman is infuriated, stops healing until he gets the gloves.
Tank isn’t bothered and continues to pull.
This is where I leave.