When I read this post on Hunter pets, I started my reply with a huge summary about wow races, in my usual way of telling people what I think, no matter if they want to listen.
Then I did a quick cut and paste and present this post instead. So Jaedia’s dislike of female Orcs is to blame. Purely.
Anyway, I noticed that ny taste of wow races has changed so much over the years:
- Awesome: Human female, Orc male, Dwarf male
- OK: Tauren male, Gnome female, NE female
- Ugly: The rest, especially Undead
- No,no,no,no: Dwarf female, NE male
- Awesome: Orcs, Troll male, Human+NE female, Gnomes
- OK: The rest
- No,no,no,no: BE male, NE male
Which leaves me with these choices, for now:
- Orc Rogue, male: hell yeah, screw the 90% lookalike Undead Rogues with their weird animations
- Tauren Druid, male: Not much to choose from
- Troll Warrior, male: I love the animations, plus it’s a rare combo – win.
- Orc Shaman, female: Apart from all the horrible hairstyles, very nice.
- Undead Mage, male: While I dislike Undead in general, male Priests and Mages are ok. With a dress *snicker*
- Human Rogue, female: I chose Human for the shortened rep grinds and nice racials, plus the looks are ok. Now I’m a bit jealous of Gnomes, they’re nice. And extra sneaky.
- Blood Elf Paladin, female: See above, can’t wait to be a cow lady. Sick of Blood Elves.
- Orc Hunter, male: Nothing to say here, Orcs make really cool Hunters – male or female. Next best bet is Troll male and NE female. Oh, and Dwarves.
- Blood Elf Warlock, female: A toon I rolled at the very start of TBC to “have a look at the new race and starting zone”. I find Warlock the best fit for a Blood Elf, and although I’m sick of the general abundance of them, I’m happy with my Warlock.
- Blood Elf Priest, male: Not happy with the model, I dread the decision a bit. Not really sure which race I’d pick if I changed it.
- Undead Death Knight, male: Most DKs are Blood Elves or Orcs it seems, and I already had a Troll plate wearer, so Undead it was. Quite happy with the choice.
Edit: What the hell, WordPress. Would you please stop eating my formatting? Wall of Massive Text without paragraphs sucks…
So, you got an alt Rogue that needs some gear and you’re neither in the mood for detailed research nor striving for absolute perfection? Then this post may be for me you. (Yes, usually I’m not going for “good enough”, but my main is a 80 Rogue, so spare me some slack on my alt 80 Rogue.)
Not going to bother with rep rewards and blues, although they might be slightly better, sometimes they’re not as easy accessible due to rep grinds. This might be reworked.
Chest Marwyn HoR H Choking Hauberk Captain HoR N Blackened Geist Ribs Feet Captain HoR H Blighted Leather Footpads Sjonnir HoS H Boots of the Whirling Mist Hands Marwyn HoR N Carpal Tunnelers Paletr ToC N Gloves of the Argent Fanatic Ymiron UP H Head Devour FoS H Frayed Scoundrel's Cap TBK ToC H Legs Tyrann PoS H Fleshwerk Leggings Eadric ToC N Leggings of Brazen Trespass Gal'da Gun H Should Falric HoR H Spaulders of Black Betrayal Bronja FoS N Bewildering Shoulderpads TBK ToC N Gored Hide Legguards Wrist Ick PoS H Chewed Leather Wristguards ToC H Wyrmre Exalted Loken HoL H Ocu N Waist Forgem PoS N Flayer's Black Belt Back Devour FoS N Accursed Crawling Cape Neck Forgem PoS H Barbed Ymirheim Choker Finger Tyrann PoS H Band of Stained Souls Forgem PoS N Ring of Carnelian and Bone TBK ToC N Trinket Devour FoS H Needle-Encrusted Scorpion Confess ToC N Banner of Victory MH Bronja FoS H Axe Nighttime Captain HoR N Dagger Chilled Heart of the Glacier Captain HoR H Mace Black Icicle Eadric ToC H Mace Aledar's Battlestar Falric HoR N Sword Ghoulslicer Devour FoS H Dagger Blood Weeper TBK ToC H Dagger Devour FoS N Dagger Heartshiver OH Falric HoR N Axe Tank Falric's Wrist-Chopper Bronja FoS N Mace Tank Lucky Old Sun Captain HoR H Sword Liar's Tongue Ick PoS N Dagger Krick's Beetle Stabber Ranged Captain HoR H Bow Crypt Fiend SlayerBronja FoS H Thr Papa's Brand New Knife
Yes, there's two tank weapons in there. Don't you dare roll need over a tank, even off-spec.
But before sharding, take em and toss your party 20g. Same goes for ranged weapons.
Running my daily randoms whenever time permits, DPS/Tank/Healer at 80 and Mage at 79 for Triumph and XP.
So far still happy with all the randoms, apart from a weird tank every now and then or DPS where I do more DPS on my Rogue than the 2 others, it’s fine.
When I installed RankWatch, first out of curiosity how much hits I would get, I thought people might be pissed, until now one person didn’t respond and I’ve already got like 10 “Thank You”, because they seemed to have misplaced stuff on their bars, dinged 80 recently and forgot to train or were lost in dualspec Nice addon.
Over and out.
Tried out the Random Heroics tonight, very impressed. Lucky with groups, ok. But I’m so glad you can keep your cross-server group and just go on and on and on.
Didn’t really count my Emblems, but I think it’s been 7 Frost and about 40 Triumph for my Shammy:
- Razorscale, Weekly Raid
- ToC 10
- “Daily” Heroic
- Countless random heroics