Yes, we did it!
- Prot Warrior (Human Male)
- Blood DK (Dwarf Male)
- Holy Paladin (Draenei Female)
- Holy Paladin (Draenei Female)
- Resto Shaman (Draenei Female)
- Arcane Mage (Gnome Female)
- Arcane Mage (Gnome Female)
- Elemental Shaman (Dwarf Female, me)
- Affliction Warlock (Human Female)
- Shadow Priest (Worgen Female)
After ~90mins of pulls with a slight change of tactics (all who can survive Big Bang just stay up) we managed to kill him and got our shiny achievement
The Rogue mentioned in the last post has hit Level 90 after 3d 6h /played, grabbed some Timeless gear and is visiting ToT right now.
Apart from that our first hour of Algalon for the Herald feat was not successful, let’s hope for next week.
Meanwhile I dug out my Night Elf Prot Warrior that’s been levelled nearly exclusively via tanking 5mans till 63 a year or so ago. Current level is 80, yay Cataclysm.
Other than that, on my main’s server we’re now working on Heroic Spoils after a few weeks on Malkorok.
I cancelled my EVE subscription after 4 months, but I plan to come back. Other than that I just installed LoL and will hopefully try it soon with some colleagues.
Future plans include definitely WildStar and maybe Starbound.
Been busy with levelling a Dwarf Shammy on a different server where some friends play and got recruited for a Herald of the Titans run and capped XP at 80 and been collecting some 226 gear right now.
As that char was blocked now I started to level my original “hi, I’m visiting” character, a Gnome Rogue, which hit Outland and then 60 yesterday.
I took her on, it was Arena night
I wanted cleave to get the comp just right
We started damage soon and she froze me in place
But then I hit Pummel fast
And that’s about the time she blinked away from me
Nobody likes you when you pvp
And I’m still more amused by interrupts
What the hell, Invisibility?
What’s a Mage again?
What’s a Mage again?
That happens if someone says the wrong things in raid chat.
I was thinking about starting a WoW blog – “The most uninteresting blog of all time”, where I would list stuff I did every day.
For today it would look a little like this:
- Levelled Pandaren Monk from mid-65 to start of 67 in Nagrand and Blade’s Edge – gotta love that 1h EXP buff
- Ran Headless Horseman for the second time on my Alliance Rogue for the Sword and got it
- Was publicly looking forward to maybe finally raid with my Alliance Guild in the next expansion due to Flex Raid (I usually log in once per expansion, say hi, level to the cap in a short time, vanish, come back to level up professions, vanish until next expansion) – was told to go to the Timeless Isle to grab some gear
- I actually went to the Timeless Isle to get some gear, but was missing a few pieces, so got the Horde Druid over there as well to collect more leather gear
That’s when you get to sit out on a Raid day and your guild doesn’t kill Garrosh again…
Looking back at my last post in 2010, just before the long hiatus, nothing much has changed. Besides Transmogrification – a thing I really love. Especially as I’ve held on to all my old gear for years in anticipation of such a feature
The real impact is that I could avoid race-changing my Blood Elves, I’m quite happy with a female BE Paladin in (nearly) full Tier 2 and the male BE Priest in Tier 5 doesn’t look too bad either.
So here are a few screenshots and description of what I’ve been sporting for quite a while now, I’m not changing much really.
Rogue: Belt is from MoP, the rest is Tier 5, Daggers unchanged.
Warrior: Mostly Tier 5, Axe is unchanged, Rich Purple Silk Shirt fits excellently.
Hunter: Tier 1 mostly, replaced the Helm with Lightning Crown and the pants with Leggings of Twisted Vines. And Zod’s Repeating Longbow of course, best bow ever.
Paladin: Full Tier 2, missing the Helm and a Draconic Avenger that conveniently dropped while doing BWL for the Tier pieces.
Priest: Tier 5, not much more to say.
So, having just vented that I don’t enjoy WoW as much as i used to, what’s next?
For now I’m not cancelling my sub, just lowering play time. I’ve patched LotRO again this week and made 2 levels on my Hobbit Bard, now level 22. It’s a little weird, as usual, especially as I use a different keyboard for now, but quite fun. Need to read some guide again, though. (Yes, I’m that kind of person. Too lazy to try out all the stuff myself, too incompetent to just figure it out quickly and too competitive to not bother.)
And I plan on keep on ignoring these titles in the near future despite having them installed: Runes of Magic, SW:TOR and DDO.
Besides that I’m still searching for the one Roguelike I love (haven’t found it yet) and maybe I’ll finish my own game in a few years. We’ll see.
Oh, it has been a while. *dusts off blog*
Mostly because I havent’t been enjoying WoW as much as I used to.
My 90s right now are Rogue, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Priest, Paladin and Rogue, with a Warlock at 89 and a Druid at 87. I don’t do Pet Battles, Achievement Hunting is stalling, but apparently levelling is ok again since the 5.3 XP boost. Oh, and levelling a Shadow Priest sucks donkey balls, dito instances and Disc is kind of ok, but was more fun at 80. =( Then again I’m having a blast as Affliction, I think I’ve last enjoyed my Warlock as much in TBC.
The big question this expansion will be if the 85 Mage and DK will make it to max level and whether I can be bothered to gear up any alts besides a few. I really hate LFR for being such pointless facerolling, for now my plans are to have 1-2 alts for flex raids when they hit and to really, really, really ignore the other max level chars instead of wasting time. Good old pick up alt raids on Aggramar were awesome, LFR is not.
When I read this post on Hunter pets, I started my reply with a huge summary about wow races, in my usual way of telling people what I think, no matter if they want to listen.
Then I did a quick cut and paste and present this post instead. So Jaedia’s dislike of female Orcs is to blame. Purely.
Anyway, I noticed that ny taste of wow races has changed so much over the years:
- Awesome: Human female, Orc male, Dwarf male
- OK: Tauren male, Gnome female, NE female
- Ugly: The rest, especially Undead
- No,no,no,no: Dwarf female, NE male
- Awesome: Orcs, Troll male, Human+NE female, Gnomes
- OK: The rest
- No,no,no,no: BE male, NE male
Which leaves me with these choices, for now:
- Orc Rogue, male: hell yeah, screw the 90% lookalike Undead Rogues with their weird animations
- Tauren Druid, male: Not much to choose from
- Troll Warrior, male: I love the animations, plus it’s a rare combo – win.
- Orc Shaman, female: Apart from all the horrible hairstyles, very nice.
- Undead Mage, male: While I dislike Undead in general, male Priests and Mages are ok. With a dress *snicker*
- Human Rogue, female: I chose Human for the shortened rep grinds and nice racials, plus the looks are ok. Now I’m a bit jealous of Gnomes, they’re nice. And extra sneaky.
- Blood Elf Paladin, female: See above, can’t wait to be a cow lady. Sick of Blood Elves.
- Orc Hunter, male: Nothing to say here, Orcs make really cool Hunters – male or female. Next best bet is Troll male and NE female. Oh, and Dwarves.
- Blood Elf Warlock, female: A toon I rolled at the very start of TBC to “have a look at the new race and starting zone”. I find Warlock the best fit for a Blood Elf, and although I’m sick of the general abundance of them, I’m happy with my Warlock.
- Blood Elf Priest, male: Not happy with the model, I dread the decision a bit. Not really sure which race I’d pick if I changed it.
- Undead Death Knight, male: Most DKs are Blood Elves or Orcs it seems, and I already had a Troll plate wearer, so Undead it was. Quite happy with the choice.
Edit: What the hell, WordPress. Would you please stop eating my formatting? Wall of Massive Text without paragraphs sucks…
Today is Whiny Post Day and here’s my confession: I’m attached to the past.
I got reminded by this easily when I read The Login Screen by the Gnome Tank for Life, I’m always partly living in the past, having fond memories of.. stuff. Yes, basically everything.
While I’m mostly quick at adapting gameplay changes, I’m an avid collector of old T1 and T2 gear – it looks just so much more awesome, and especially distinct.
I’m not a RP person in WoW, but I’m desperately waiting for some “style” feature so I can look like I’m wearing T1 (Nightslayer) while having the stats of my T9/T10 shinies. Disable it in Battlegrounds and Arenas, I don’t care.
I want a config option to select my login screen of choice, I’d be using the vanilla one still.
I know there’s lots of ingame stuff that changed and much of it is really for the better, but these small cosmetic changes that wouldn’t affect any other player (unless you’d have an aversion to soup bowl or banana shoulders…) – I WANT.
Thanks, that is all.