I was thinking about starting a WoW blog – “The most uninteresting blog of all time”, where I would list stuff I did every day.
For today it would look a little like this:
- Levelled Pandaren Monk from mid-65 to start of 67 in Nagrand and Blade’s Edge – gotta love that 1h EXP buff
- Ran Headless Horseman for the second time on my Alliance Rogue for the Sword and got it
- Was publicly looking forward to maybe finally raid with my Alliance Guild in the next expansion due to Flex Raid (I usually log in once per expansion, say hi, level to the cap in a short time, vanish, come back to level up professions, vanish until next expansion) – was told to go to the Timeless Isle to grab some gear
- I actually went to the Timeless Isle to get some gear, but was missing a few pieces, so got the Horde Druid over there as well to collect more leather gear
That’s when you get to sit out on a Raid day and your guild doesn’t kill Garrosh again…
Looking back at my last post in 2010, just before the long hiatus, nothing much has changed. Besides Transmogrification – a thing I really love. Especially as I’ve held on to all my old gear for years in anticipation of such a feature
The real impact is that I could avoid race-changing my Blood Elves, I’m quite happy with a female BE Paladin in (nearly) full Tier 2 and the male BE Priest in Tier 5 doesn’t look too bad either.
So here are a few screenshots and description of what I’ve been sporting for quite a while now, I’m not changing much really.
Rogue: Belt is from MoP, the rest is Tier 5, Daggers unchanged.
Warrior: Mostly Tier 5, Axe is unchanged, Rich Purple Silk Shirt fits excellently.
Hunter: Tier 1 mostly, replaced the Helm with Lightning Crown and the pants with Leggings of Twisted Vines. And Zod’s Repeating Longbow of course, best bow ever.
Paladin: Full Tier 2, missing the Helm and a Draconic Avenger that conveniently dropped while doing BWL for the Tier pieces.
Priest: Tier 5, not much more to say.
So, having just vented that I don’t enjoy WoW as much as i used to, what’s next?
For now I’m not cancelling my sub, just lowering play time. I’ve patched LotRO again this week and made 2 levels on my Hobbit Bard, now level 22. It’s a little weird, as usual, especially as I use a different keyboard for now, but quite fun. Need to read some guide again, though. (Yes, I’m that kind of person. Too lazy to try out all the stuff myself, too incompetent to just figure it out quickly and too competitive to not bother.)
And I plan on keep on ignoring these titles in the near future despite having them installed: Runes of Magic, SW:TOR and DDO.
Besides that I’m still searching for the one Roguelike I love (haven’t found it yet) and maybe I’ll finish my own game in a few years. We’ll see.
Oh, it has been a while. *dusts off blog*
Mostly because I havent’t been enjoying WoW as much as I used to.
My 90s right now are Rogue, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Priest, Paladin and Rogue, with a Warlock at 89 and a Druid at 87. I don’t do Pet Battles, Achievement Hunting is stalling, but apparently levelling is ok again since the 5.3 XP boost. Oh, and levelling a Shadow Priest sucks donkey balls, dito instances and Disc is kind of ok, but was more fun at 80. =( Then again I’m having a blast as Affliction, I think I’ve last enjoyed my Warlock as much in TBC.
The big question this expansion will be if the 85 Mage and DK will make it to max level and whether I can be bothered to gear up any alts besides a few. I really hate LFR for being such pointless facerolling, for now my plans are to have 1-2 alts for flex raids when they hit and to really, really, really ignore the other max level chars instead of wasting time. Good old pick up alt raids on Aggramar were awesome, LFR is not.
When I read this post on Hunter pets, I started my reply with a huge summary about wow races, in my usual way of telling people what I think, no matter if they want to listen.
Then I did a quick cut and paste and present this post instead. So Jaedia’s dislike of female Orcs is to blame. Purely.
Anyway, I noticed that ny taste of wow races has changed so much over the years:
- Awesome: Human female, Orc male, Dwarf male
- OK: Tauren male, Gnome female, NE female
- Ugly: The rest, especially Undead
- No,no,no,no: Dwarf female, NE male
- Awesome: Orcs, Troll male, Human+NE female, Gnomes
- OK: The rest
- No,no,no,no: BE male, NE male
Which leaves me with these choices, for now:
- Orc Rogue, male: hell yeah, screw the 90% lookalike Undead Rogues with their weird animations
- Tauren Druid, male: Not much to choose from
- Troll Warrior, male: I love the animations, plus it’s a rare combo – win.
- Orc Shaman, female: Apart from all the horrible hairstyles, very nice.
- Undead Mage, male: While I dislike Undead in general, male Priests and Mages are ok. With a dress *snicker*
- Human Rogue, female: I chose Human for the shortened rep grinds and nice racials, plus the looks are ok. Now I’m a bit jealous of Gnomes, they’re nice. And extra sneaky.
- Blood Elf Paladin, female: See above, can’t wait to be a cow lady. Sick of Blood Elves.
- Orc Hunter, male: Nothing to say here, Orcs make really cool Hunters – male or female. Next best bet is Troll male and NE female. Oh, and Dwarves.
- Blood Elf Warlock, female: A toon I rolled at the very start of TBC to “have a look at the new race and starting zone”. I find Warlock the best fit for a Blood Elf, and although I’m sick of the general abundance of them, I’m happy with my Warlock.
- Blood Elf Priest, male: Not happy with the model, I dread the decision a bit. Not really sure which race I’d pick if I changed it.
- Undead Death Knight, male: Most DKs are Blood Elves or Orcs it seems, and I already had a Troll plate wearer, so Undead it was. Quite happy with the choice.
Edit: What the hell, WordPress. Would you please stop eating my formatting? Wall of Massive Text without paragraphs sucks…
Today is Whiny Post Day and here’s my confession: I’m attached to the past.
I got reminded by this easily when I read The Login Screen by the Gnome Tank for Life, I’m always partly living in the past, having fond memories of.. stuff. Yes, basically everything.
While I’m mostly quick at adapting gameplay changes, I’m an avid collector of old T1 and T2 gear – it looks just so much more awesome, and especially distinct.
I’m not a RP person in WoW, but I’m desperately waiting for some “style” feature so I can look like I’m wearing T1 (Nightslayer) while having the stats of my T9/T10 shinies. Disable it in Battlegrounds and Arenas, I don’t care.
I want a config option to select my login screen of choice, I’d be using the vanilla one still.
I know there’s lots of ingame stuff that changed and much of it is really for the better, but these small cosmetic changes that wouldn’t affect any other player (unless you’d have an aversion to soup bowl or banana shoulders…) – I WANT.
Thanks, that is all.
Tried to do some random instances on my lowbie Hunter on Argent Dawn-EU.
First try, Deadmines.
Everything up and down, but not too bad.
Warlock dies and doesn’t respond for some minutes, gets kicked.
Replacement Rogue comes in.
No one pays attention to patrols, it still works.
Just as we want to go down to the Smelting area, Tank needs a Relog.
Paladin Healer and Rogue proceed to run into mobs and die.
Rogue can’t find entrance, waits for res.
Paladin Healer can’t see his corpse.
15 mins pass (where I surf the web) and no Tank in sight.
This is where I leave.
Second try, Deadmines.
(Other) Hunter is semi-afk while having lunch, has growl on, spams chat then goes offline.
Rogue needs on Cloth SpellPower-Gloves, wins and equips them. (He has two Heirloom weapons, shouldn’t be THAT much of a noob.)
Shaman is infuriated, stops healing until he gets the gloves.
Tank isn’t bothered and continues to pull.
This is where I leave.
Long time no update, then again not much happened.
My Mage hit 80 at some point in time recently, got 2T9 today. Otherwise just running a few daily randoms and trying to gear up my Alliance Rogue. Not really much play time in general, busy with uni stuff.
My Mage has been Frost for 80 levels, with a 2h Fire intermezzo at about level 29.
Sadly this got online about 48h after I finishes my research. Bah, slacker. No seriously, go read it. It’s very good. Apart from the one comment that calls the Arcane rotation less complicated than Frost. I can’t think of anything simpler than casting Frostbolt and watching out for one proc.
So, you got an alt Rogue that needs some gear and you’re neither in the mood for detailed research nor striving for absolute perfection? Then this post may be for me you. (Yes, usually I’m not going for “good enough”, but my main is a 80 Rogue, so spare me some slack on my alt 80 Rogue.)
Not going to bother with rep rewards and blues, although they might be slightly better, sometimes they’re not as easy accessible due to rep grinds. This might be reworked.
Chest Marwyn HoR H Choking Hauberk Captain HoR N Blackened Geist Ribs Feet Captain HoR H Blighted Leather Footpads Sjonnir HoS H Boots of the Whirling Mist Hands Marwyn HoR N Carpal Tunnelers Paletr ToC N Gloves of the Argent Fanatic Ymiron UP H Head Devour FoS H Frayed Scoundrel's Cap TBK ToC H Legs Tyrann PoS H Fleshwerk Leggings Eadric ToC N Leggings of Brazen Trespass Gal'da Gun H Should Falric HoR H Spaulders of Black Betrayal Bronja FoS N Bewildering Shoulderpads TBK ToC N Gored Hide Legguards Wrist Ick PoS H Chewed Leather Wristguards ToC H Wyrmre Exalted Loken HoL H Ocu N Waist Forgem PoS N Flayer's Black Belt Back Devour FoS N Accursed Crawling Cape Neck Forgem PoS H Barbed Ymirheim Choker Finger Tyrann PoS H Band of Stained Souls Forgem PoS N Ring of Carnelian and Bone TBK ToC N Trinket Devour FoS H Needle-Encrusted Scorpion Confess ToC N Banner of Victory MH Bronja FoS H Axe Nighttime Captain HoR N Dagger Chilled Heart of the Glacier Captain HoR H Mace Black Icicle Eadric ToC H Mace Aledar's Battlestar Falric HoR N Sword Ghoulslicer Devour FoS H Dagger Blood Weeper TBK ToC H Dagger Devour FoS N Dagger Heartshiver OH Falric HoR N Axe Tank Falric's Wrist-Chopper Bronja FoS N Mace Tank Lucky Old Sun Captain HoR H Sword Liar's Tongue Ick PoS N Dagger Krick's Beetle Stabber Ranged Captain HoR H Bow Crypt Fiend SlayerBronja FoS H Thr Papa's Brand New Knife
Yes, there's two tank weapons in there. Don't you dare roll need over a tank, even off-spec.
But before sharding, take em and toss your party 20g. Same goes for ranged weapons.